Thu, Jul 11|
Kigali Marriott Hotel
Global Africa General Assembly - GAGA 2024
Where leaders, creators, and visionaries converge to redefine development. This is the heart of ‘Bridging Horizons: Global Africa Reimagined.’ Join us for two transformative days of quantum leadership, groundbreaking EdTech, unparalleled diaspora engagement and capital formation.
Time & Location
Jul 11, 2024, 8:00 AM – Jul 12, 2024, 10:00 PM
Kigali Marriott Hotel, KN 3 Ave, Kigali, Rwanda
About the Event
The Global Africa General Assembly event, themed “Leapfroging African Development through a Quantum Leadership Mindset, Scalable EdTech, Diaspora Engagement, and Capital Formation,” aims to harness the momentum of significant international focuses: the culmination of the UN Decade for People of African Descent and the declaration of 2024 as the Year of Education by the African Union and the UN. This event will serve as a dynamic platform for dialogue, innovation, and action, targeting the acceleration of Africa’s development trajectory through visionary leadership, educational technology, and strategic diaspora involvement.
Event Concept: “Bridging Horizons: Global Africa Reimagined”
“Bridging Horizons: Africa Reimagined” is a two-day assembly that brings together thought leaders, policymakers, educators, entrepreneurs, and the African diaspora to forge new pathways for Africa’s future. The event will be structured around four pillars: Quantum Leadership, Scalable EdTech, Diaspora Engagement, and Capital Formation, reflecting the multifaceted approach needed to catalyze development.
1. Quantum Leadership Summit: This summit will feature keynote speeches, panel discussions, and workshops led by renowned leaders and thinkers. Sessions will focus on cultivating a leadership mindset that embraces innovation, adaptability, and a forward-thinking approach to navigating complex challenges in African development.
2. EdTech Innovation Hub: An interactive expo showcasing the latest in educational technology, designed to scale across diverse African contexts. This hub will include live demos, hands-on workshops, and pitch sessions where startups and innovators present scalable solutions to enhance learning outcomes and educational access across the continent.
3. Diaspora Engagement Forum: A series of networking events, roundtable discussions, and collaborative workshops aimed at strengthening ties with the African diaspora. This forum will explore mechanisms for diaspora contributions through knowledge transfer, investment, and cultural exchange to fuel development efforts.
4. Capital Formation Symposium: Focused on mobilizing resources for sustainable development, this symposium will bring together investors, financial institutions, and development agencies. Discussions will revolve around innovative financing models, venture capital, and public-private partnerships to drive growth and scalability in key sectors.
• ADN Robotics & AI Innovation Hubs for All Campaign: Launching a Global Africa initiative aimed at addressing educational disparities and promoting inclusive, quality education, aligning with the 2024 Year of Education theme.
• Leadership and Innovation Awards: Recognizing individuals and organizations that have made significant contributions to Africa’s development through leadership excellence and innovative solutions.
• Youth Innovation Challenge: A competition encouraging young Africans to propose and develop solutions that address local and continental challenges, fostering a spirit of entrepreneurship and creativity.
To celebrate Africa’s rich cultural heritage and diversity, the event will feature cultural performances, art exhibitions, and culinary experiences from across the continent, providing a vibrant backdrop to the assembly and fostering a sense of unity and pride.
Venue and Date:
The event will be hosted in Kigali, a city that embodies the spirit of African innovation and growth, with state-of-the-art facilities to accommodate the diverse array of sessions and exhibitions.
Participation and Engagement:
“Bridging Horizons: Africa Reimagined” is open to a global audience, with a special emphasis on inclusive participation from across Global Africa. The event will utilize a hybrid format, combining in-person attendance with virtual access to ensure broad engagement, especially from the diaspora and remote regions.